ComputerCorps Vision, Mission, Goals & Focus
Using computer technology and knowledge to bring families and communities together.
To provide access to computer technology and skills training for under-served families, while eliminating electronic scrap “eScrap” in our nation’s landfills .
To meet its goals, ComputerCorps solicits the support of local businesses, community and other charitable organizations.
As an internationally recognized 501(c)3 Non-Profit Organization, the ComputerCorps™ organization accomplishes its mission by achieving the following goals:
- To COLLECT donations of used computers, monitors, printers, parts and other electronic components;
- To REFURBISH usable computer equipment.
- To RECYCLE unusable parts and materials in order to keep electronic scrap out of the landfills;
- To DISTRIBUTE refurbished and upgraded equipment to the community at little or no cost through our various “Every Home A Classroom™” Programs: a) Via Schools; b) Via Volunteering; c) Via TechCamp; d) Via Our Used Computer Stores and Distribution Centers.
- To TRAIN individuals to use, repair, refurbish and upgrade equipment using our “Every Home A Classroom” TM; a) Techs-In-Training™; b) “TechCamps™”; c) and “Academic Success Labs™” (ASL’s)
- To SUPPORT recipients, families and organizations with technical advice and service using our “Every Home A Classroom” TM Help Desks” and “Technology Learning Centers”.
To provide computers and skills training to six main communities:
- Low-income, at-risk youth and their families.
- Physically and other challenged individuals.
- Displaced workers seeking new technical skills.
- Technically challenged workforce.
- Senior community of 50 plus
- Military personnel and their families